With @FashionUnfold‘s community constantly growing, keeping up with the fast pace of our live debates can be a serious juggling act, especially when you are tweeting from a mobile device.
So to make sure you get the best of your @FashionUnfold hour, we put together this quick guide to help you handle the madness like a pro, useful information and helpful tips to get you going.
From connecting with other fashion enthusiasts and building relationships, sharing your point of view, to learning valuable industry insights, get the best from @FashionUnfold and here’s how:
Become a @FashionUnfold Expert In 10 Steps
1. Once @FashionUnfold announces/shares the debate invite, save the date and add it to your calendar as an easy reminder.
2. On debate day, prepare everything in advance from your devices + chargers (phones, laptop, iPads…), to your lunch, snacks, coffee, tea etc… you will avoid unwanted interruptions during the live chat .
3. Prior to debate, make sure to have at least two Twitter windows open: one to check your @mentions and a second to catch all the live tweets appearing under #FashionUnfold.
4. Once the debate goes LIVE, start the conversation by introducing yourself: tweet Your Name + Title/Occupation + Website/Blog + #FashionUnfold. This is the perfect opportunity to network, so don’t shy away and engage with other participants.
5. The debate topic is then revealed on http://miss-sly.com, read the panelists takes and head back to Twitter, to unfold and discuss with everyone else. That’s when the real fun begins #FashionUnfold :)
6. During the live debate, always add the official hashtag #FashionUnfold to ALL your tweets, so the other participants can see them and reply to you + they might be featured in the @FashionUnfold RECAPS, so tag these babies away.
7. Remember to frequently REFRESH your #FashionUnfold twitter pages, to get the latest tweets from all participants. The refresh function is your best friend during the live debates. So refresh, refresh, refresh, can’t say it enough.
8. To complement #7: remember to click ALL and not just TOP tweets on the #FashionUnfold page. TOP often shows the most retweeted, while ALL gives you tweets in real time. It will make your participation that much more effective.
9. Compressing your thoughts in 140 characters can be challenging especially when live tweeting, so feel free to tap into your slang & abbreviation to shorten up key points.
10. Having participants joining from all parts of the world and various fields of the Fashion industry is what makes these conversations so rich, and we value everyone’s opinion, so let’s all remember to unfold in a respectful manner at all time #WeDontBurnBridges.
There you have it Unfolders, 10 key steps and valuable tips to mastering @FashionUnfold live debates. Thank you to our faithful unfolders who shared their best practices.
Did we miss anything?
If there are tips/tricks you’d like to add, let us know!
Tweet you all on the next edition of @FashionUnfold
Share and Enjoy